Monday, July 20, 2009

Summerstage 09




*sigh*

Everyone else was cool, but we all know i was there for who? For Q-Tip.

Initially, I didn't want to go because I knew it'd be a long & hot experience & because I'd already seen him 3 times.

All of this went out the window when dude came out to start off with "Shaka"... too energetic, gets me every time.

Highlights:
MOVE!
SUCKA NIGGA!
ELECTRIC RELAXATION!
His "funky di funk" section after where he told us to close our eyes, put our blackberries down, not send out a text, & vibe with him... right before DJ Scratch threw the towel over his shoulders reminiscent of James Brown!
Bandmember whipping out the fucking saxophone for CHECK THE RHYME!

I mean, I'm happy I went for the 4th time to see one of the most fun performers I've ever witnessed.

Goooooo [Free!] Summerstage!

=)

-franso

No comments:

Don't Disturb THIS Groove...

  • Sweet & Sour/Lemon in the Honey- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Pretty Brown Eyes- Amerie w/ Trey Songz
  • Sunshower- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Shades- Wale w/ Chrisette Michele
  • I Wanna Rock- Snoop Dogg