Monday, September 8, 2008

VMAs

So!

I usually do an in-depth review of the awards- eh, not this year.

When Britney Spears is winning Best Female Video, Best Pop Video, and VIDEO OF THE YEAR for "Piece of Me"...

I just don't see the point of me getting so into it.

Like Ramona over at FuchsiaMag pointed out, we are at a point where the VMAs just can't be taken seriously anymore.

I feel her.

I'm not saying "Piece of Me" wasn't a good song, it was fine.... VIDEO OF THE YEAR THOUGH?!

I also feel like she... had no soul last night,lol, like she was too perfect. Stepford Wives-ish...

*analytical sigh*

Well, I guess in a way it's cool that they gave her all three- as fake as the gesture was- because now she sees the public still loves her and wants to see her come back strong. For REAL though.

So props to Britney. I hope she's been counting her lucky stars!

What else?

Um, Pink looked the best she probably ever has. I just wish her mic was louder than that guitar riff.

Paramore, killed it. Hayley's voice gets me every time.

Leona Lewis is too dramatic for me, but I guess it worked for Lil Wayne's cool Don'tGetIt/ A Millie/ Got Money.

Homeboy is sitting on top of the world... Must be nice.

Oh, and can somebody PLEASE tell T-Pain that these top hats will NEVER be cool? We get it, the industry is a circus and you're the "ringleader." GET OVER YOURSELF (Goodbye).

I can't stan her, but Rihanna looked stunning as usual.

KANYE WEST switched it up a bit! Deciding to end the show with THIS:

... That's how he felt!

Thoughts on this new song?

Christina Aguilera... Mixed feelings on this. Ok no, I'm just lost. I see that it's the 10th anniversary of "Genie in a Bottle"... but did you have to perform it? And then this new song? I don't like it- yet. There's hope. I just didn't... understand. I'm all for reinventing, but where are you gonna go from "Back to Basics"? I'm extremely interested to see where she's taking her image and sound from here... LOVE HER!

I don't think I missed anything else of importance.

Russell Brand was cool, he was all over the place, but he was funny and I loved his outfit.

The awards are usually amazing or WAAAAAAACK... but this year, they were somewhat of a womp womp.

All I know is this- MUSIC IS IN A STATE OF EMERGENCY!!!!!!

QUICK- SOMEBODY SAVE US!

=)

-franso

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The awards get wacker (I know wacker is not a word but whatev) and wacker every year. I give Britney best female pop video, but all three?? C'mon... I was rooting for my DK girls to get best pop video but whatareyougonnadooo? The show was lame, Russell made me giggle, and as much as I hate to admit it, Rih Rih looked hott!!

ms.rea said...

finally someone else enjoyed Russell Brand besides me!

Anonymous said...

And so .. Let me just say I DEF loved the little Eden's crush plug-in you did ( I kinda miss that album, gotta dig for it in my house) and I agree christina was ... Interesting .. I'm not sure what to say bout her performance but, hopefully the song'll grow on me .

And the industry is indeed a circus but tpain is certainly not the ringleader .. He's more of a .. (What's the worddd..) ...clown . Yeeaaaa, clown .

And britney was too peachy for me, I wasn't really wit it . Russel brand, eh .. I liked his dry humor, it grew on me as the show went on. I think T.I.(P?) lookd soooo cute :)

And sumhow my comment turnd into a blog of its own.

My apologies.

Don't Disturb THIS Groove...

  • Sweet & Sour/Lemon in the Honey- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Pretty Brown Eyes- Amerie w/ Trey Songz
  • Sunshower- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Shades- Wale w/ Chrisette Michele
  • I Wanna Rock- Snoop Dogg