Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Mariah Carey Letdown of the CENTURY.

The song and video have been out for a while now, I didn't just find out about this "Touch My Body" situation... I was just hoping she would get some sense before officially make it her first single. I thought "It's Like That" was kinda lame... HA! This song TAKES. THE. CAKE.

You know something? I'm so fucking annoyed by this The Dream loser. I feel like the songs I hear from him are incomplete and for people who are mentally slow. (Not to mention how annoying his face is.) You aren't "the dream" buddy, don't nobody wanna be like you, ok? "Umbrella" "Bed" "Shawty is the Shit" "Falsetto" and now "Touch My Body" are all hideous songs. That falsetto bullshit pisses me the fuck off. (Yeah, it's that serious.)

And now... let us discuss lyrics. (You knew that was coming.)

"If it's a camera up in here
Then it's gonna leave with me when I do
(I do)
If it's a camera up in here
Then I best not catch this flick on Youtube
(Youtube)
'Cuz if you run your mouth and brag about this secret rendezvous
I will hunt you down
'Cuz they be all up in my business like a Wendy interview
But this private between you and I"


...that's how you feel Mariah?

I don't know what's worse: the lyrics, the beat, or the melody.

I understaaaaaaand when artists release an uptempo track as their first single. I'm all for a cute little first single and then a CRAZY album but "Touch My Body" is one of the ugliest songs I've ever heard in my life! It gets to me because this is MARIAH CAREY. MARIAH CAREY YA'LL. And there are most likely a bunch of you saying that Mariah lost her touch, that her old shit is better. NO SHIT, musical icons can never top their old shit- but if you listen to Emancipation of Mimi, and even a few tracks on Charmbracelet, you WON"T be able to deny that MAriah still got it... So why take it to "Touch My Body" level? It's a WASTE. Not even CIARA would release some weak shit like that, ya'll. =/


*Courtesy of www.youtube.com

This is the MARIAH CAREY LETDOWN OF THE CENTURY.

-franso

4 comments:

dreaming of revelry said...

ok, (1) yeah the song is a letdown. However, I was hoping the video could help out the song a lil bit. Nope, not at all. DAMNIT WHO THE TELL CAME UP WITH THAT STUPID CONCEPT?!?!?!?!?!

(2) THANK YOU!!!! that stupid ass "The Dream" guy...WTF?!?! Exactly who told him he was the dream, cause they done lied to him! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that Falseto song, Such a rip off of the Genuwine concept for the song "When we make Love".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIrOoF4ZVwk&feature=related

Go to the 40 second mark and tell me if I am crazy, but for real it's like the same damn concept and feel!!!!

FUCK You "The Dream"!!!!!!

dreaming of revelry said...

Please ignore the vast spelling mistakes on previous post. That was how angry "The Dream" and Mariah's new video made me!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you that song and video was a disappointment. And all the other songs u mentioned too

Sara said...

im sad that i read this. because at first. i felt the same way you did. but i shadowed my feelings and let myself go with the flow. i said 'sara its mariah, let her rock' but you just brought the hate feelings back. dammit. ayyye i dont wanna hate mariahs new song!

Don't Disturb THIS Groove...

  • Sweet & Sour/Lemon in the Honey- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Pretty Brown Eyes- Amerie w/ Trey Songz
  • Sunshower- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Shades- Wale w/ Chrisette Michele
  • I Wanna Rock- Snoop Dogg