Monday, March 31, 2008

"On the really-real!"

*deep deep sigh*

Tonight was the Mos Def (featuring Jay Electronica) concert @ Nokia Theater.

One word: entrancing

i thought i had experience natural highs before in life? Well, i was WRONG.

went with my homegirl Michelle, and wow, we had such a great time.

he did madddddddddddddddd songssss, and he's such a great artist.

he's so different!

first of all, homeboy was DEFINITELY drunk- that shit was MAD FUNNY.

he was cheesin't he whole night and sayin the most random shit, but it wasn't creepy or trashy or tasteless at all.

the only time i was like "um... ok mos..." was when he just went up to the speakers on both sides of the stage and just hugged them, just stood there saying nothing... hugging the speakers. right... lol that's love i guess.

second of all, it was like he was in his own world, just VIBING off the music. there were times he would let old music rock. not old rap, i'm talkin like the music kanye SAMPLES, that REAL SHIT, them throwbacks your parents- maybe even your grandparents!- listen to and he would just be there, dancin, feelin it soooooo fuckin hard. it was hot.

ok listen.

HE DID THE BOOGIE MAN SONG.
HE DID THE PANTIES.
HE DID SEX, LOVE, AND MONEY.
HE DID GHETTO ROCK.
HE DID MS. FAT BOOTY.
HE DID UMI SAYS.
HE DID U R THE ONE.


Do you understand that i died over and over again? MULTIPLE DEATHS. IT WAS INSANITY.

he also did other songs, old and NEW!!

ughhhhhhhhh, he's so amazing.

*crickets*

you just had to be there i guess,lol.

but! 3 shitty pics below!

and your eyes aren't foolin' ya! MS. ERYKAH BADU came out to do a track with Jay. like nothin, like we knew she was there!

now i REALLY gotta get me my ticket for HER show in May, what a tease.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


they're shitty- but i loves em!

oh, and one of the highlights of the night? After he did U R THE ONE, he played the original- Michael Jackson's "if i don't love you this way" i didn't even know it was an MJ song! and he was like "give it up for classic mj! i don't care what he did to his face- that's none of our business- HE MADE YOU HAPPY. YOU'RE WELCOME!!!!"

i was like EXAAAAAAACTLY, couldn't have said it better myself yo. real talk.

ok, i'm done.

go listen to Mos Def, i'm buildin up the collection as we speak.

=)

what a great weekend guys: Student Film @ the Tribeca Theater, poetry slam/open mic @ the Nuyorican, quality time with the best friend, and now THIS?! *sigh*

here's to a great week where hopefully my natural high from this concert remains!

-franso

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yoo franso I was lookin roun 2 see if I saw u . But yeaa mannnn that show was amazin I had a good ass time. When he did the panties right after ms fat booty I was like damnnnnnnnnnn............. and da crowd was a lil messed up to jay electronice I'm like let da homie talk. And erykah did come out like nothing I was like holddddd upppp das fuckin erykah badu and I'm rambling on now but mos did his thing . Great show .

Anonymous said...

jeez!

I'm not even sure I can explain how I felt. I def. woke up Monday morning like, was I peeping through Mos Def's bedroom window? He was chillin his own little bubble and I'm more than happy we got to watch! He did more than enough songs to allow me to die immediatley. I swear me and him were twins in our past life! HAHA

And Erykah, should anyone be allowed to be that amazing and be so damned cool about it??? May 9th we will be sitting on our hearts.

aaah I'm still high.

Don't Disturb THIS Groove...

  • Sweet & Sour/Lemon in the Honey- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Pretty Brown Eyes- Amerie w/ Trey Songz
  • Sunshower- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Shades- Wale w/ Chrisette Michele
  • I Wanna Rock- Snoop Dogg