Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"Slow Down, baby..."

"...Thinking the faster that I go
The faster that I will reach my goal
The race is not given to the swift
But to the one who endureth
I thought that all my obstacles were behind me
Walking around like I'm made out of diamond
I tripped and fell and it reminded me
Move over and let my angels guideme

Slow down, Baby you're going too fast
You got you hands in the air
With you feet on the gas
You're 'bout to wreck your future
Running from your past
You need to slow down before
You go down baby..."

-India.arie

i have this thing... where I'm always in a rush.
i talk fast. i think fast. i walk fast. shit, i EAT fast- until my jaws hurt and i HAVE to give in.
what is this about?

Stop and smell the roses? why am i incapable of this?

i want what's ahead of me SO BAD, i can't enjoy what i got right now and i'm startin to get annoyed.

it's like i'm in a race. with myself. with LIFE.

i need to get going, i got places to go, why are we standing here?

and if i can't figure something (or more importantly- SOMEONE) out... oh boy.

it gets even worse.

i pray that this will be the year that i sit back and let things take their own course.

(but what if they don't go the way i want? i feel like i need to steer the wheel.)

patience is key, i need to keep reminding myself of this.

i need to take a deep breath.

when you rush- shit comes out sloppy.

why would i want that?

i will learn.

i hope so...!

-franso

No comments:

Don't Disturb THIS Groove...

  • Sweet & Sour/Lemon in the Honey- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Pretty Brown Eyes- Amerie w/ Trey Songz
  • Sunshower- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Shades- Wale w/ Chrisette Michele
  • I Wanna Rock- Snoop Dogg