Monday, June 23, 2008

Alicia Keys Concert 6.17.08

Geezy and I felt like we were never going to get there... but we got there just in time to ignore the first half of Jordin Spark's set, use the bathroom, buy the concert booklet (geezy, $20, amazing pics) and creepy Alicia Keys tee (me, $45, shoot me, it's all her face), and catch "No air, air..."

Jordin Sparks makes it look so easy. Effortless that girl, she's so cute. =)

We were excited for Ne-Yo, but WOW!


First of all, he had a live band. *IMPRESSIVE*

3 Broadway, razzle dazzle-ish dancers, and one main dancer for himself (corny)... Jumped right into it! CLOSER!!!!

It was lovely. I don't remember the exact order anymore (after concerts, it's all just a blissful blur for me) but he did that, can we chill (OD jolly), do you (depressing as usual lol), sexy love (great), so sick (aw ne-yo!), that song about making love in front of the mirror (cool), say it (unnecessary, hate this song!), go on girl (always makes me wanna slit my wrist), angel (why ne-yo, WHY?!), and BECAUSE OF YOU!!!! i think that was it. it was actually better than I thought it was going to be. he sounded WAY better than I thought he would, he looked great (dapper wardrobe), and even though he didn't do stay with me (ugh, i didn't wanna believe that he wouldn't lol) he definitely exceeded our expectations. work it then, ne-yo... with your cute choreography. usher leaves stage, ne-yo enters. (i said it.)

Then we waited... and waited... and waited... and after a pretty funny church skit on the big screen featuring Cedric the Entertainer of a young and inspiring Alicia Keys absorbing wise words before going into the real world to follow her dreams (the concert).... she came out and, well, it was over.


Homegirl came out to the DAMN reggae song (don't laugh that I don't know the words) that goes "I remember those days... Rah! Rah! Rah!" (this is me embarrassed.) And then- you know that song "Youuu can change the worrrrrld, you're a superstarrrr"?- yeah, she did a song over that beat. I was a little lost, it was fun nonetheless.

After that, she spoke about starting out in a girl group and jumped right into this 1950s/1970s ordeal where she was lead her 3 backup singers were right behind her to the left looking like a modern day Supremes.

Like this:


The stage setup was beautiful, the colors, the band sounded great, even the images on the projector were H O T.

It was during this time that she did a quick medley of where do we go from here? teenage love affair, and you don't know my name and it was just so overwhelming.

How could she just jump into these songs without a fair warning? AND THEN OD QUICK BACK TO BACK.

She was out to get me. i know it.

I don't really remember the order like I said before but I think she did sure looks good to me next. i died. it was so raw, so pure.

From As I Am, she did:
Go Ahead (never was a fan...)
Wreckless Love (it was CRAZY, I think this next picture is of her singing it!)

Superwoman (i almost cried... but let's not talk about lady sitting next to Geezy who was crying A L L N I G H T)
I Need You (ok, this is my favorite song on this album... so it was over. Yes, i was the only person dancing around me for a little while there... oh well. Drums were sick too.)
Prelude to a Kiss (heartfelt, with photos of AIDS-stricken kids in Africa all the while plugging her amazing Keep A Child Alive project)
Like You'll Never See Me Again (so relaxing, "howwww many really know what love iii-IS?!")
The Thing About Love (loved it live, unlike before)
No One (you already know how THIS went, the crowd was pretty overwhelmed. i was chillin, of course i enjoyed it because she was right there in my face singing it. she tried to make it seem like this was her last song, but something just wasn't sitting right with me because an EXTREMELY IMPORTANT SONG was missing...)

From Diary of Alicia Keys, she did:
Heartburn (BURNIN' IN MAH SOUL!!!! had me amped.)
Feelin' You, Feelin' Me (sexy, as usual)
Diary {ok..... her backup singer (i forget his name, how unprofessional of me, right?) BEASTED. that man is NO JOKE (i see you geezy), such a great singer. From here they went into another song, I think it was a Tony! Toni! Tone! song, perfect.}

From Songs in A Minor (yes! SHE TOOK IT THERE!!!!), she did:
How Come You Don't Call Me (this song never gets old, and the ad-libbing in between about texting her and sending her an email was TOO cute.)
Butterflyz (do i have to say anything?)
Goodbye (a surprise! i had forgotten about this song, it was refreshing.)
A Woman's Worth (ANOTHER song I had forgotten about, always a pleasure.)

From Unplugged, she did:
UNBREAKABLE.
People... I almost didn't make it home. This is seriously, like top 5 songs of my LIFE. I was so concerned with THAT CERTAIN SONG THAT WAS MISSING that I had completely forgotten about THIS ONE! And like every song, starting before I was ready... when I suddenly heard "we can fight like ike and tina" my body almost collapsed. Unfortunately, she didn't do the ENTIRE song- left me wanting more OD.

OK, I'm sure you've realized by now what song I was talking about. After No One, I turned to Geezy for like the 10000000th time and said "IS SHE REALLY NOT GONNA DO IF I AIN'T GOT YOU?! THIS MAKES NO SENSE YO!!!" *sigh* so we started to walk out of our aisle and BAM- a white light appears, shining down on a sexy-ass white piano. I KNEW IT. Trying to express how beautiful that song was would be foolish. Seriously.

The song was never-ending, she switched up some of the hooks, the melodies... It was perfection.




I'm so happy I saw her in 05, and again just now.

I always say Christina Aguilera is my #1 but- oh my goodness.- Alicia Keys made me love her even MORE than I already had- and that was A L O T.

She knows what she's doing and I can't wait until the next one. WHOOP DE WOOT!!!!



Bless Geezy's soul for coming with me, having more fun than I thought she would, and NOT yanking me down the few times I felt the need to stand up and dance alone. I love you. =)

And here's another pic, from I don't know when, that I love:


i left a piece of my heart at that concert, people.

=)

gnite

-franso

2 comments:

BlindButGuided said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BlindButGuided said...

damn im glad you enjoyed ya self Alicia Keys is the shitt! and also was just talking about neyo right now i truly think hes a ginuine artist and i respect his music alot .

plus u heard him murder the fuckin A milli beat...shitt he got my vote.

Don't Disturb THIS Groove...

  • Sweet & Sour/Lemon in the Honey- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Pretty Brown Eyes- Amerie w/ Trey Songz
  • Sunshower- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Shades- Wale w/ Chrisette Michele
  • I Wanna Rock- Snoop Dogg