Sunday, August 31, 2008

Michael Jackson



For the past... I don't know- MONTH?! I've been listening to a lotttttt of Michael Jackson.

OFF THE WALL is one of my favorite albums EVER.

Quincy Jones is a genius for that.

NOTHING FROM TODAY STANDS ANYWHERE NEAR THIS ALBUM.

(Ne-Yo tries, and it's cute... but no.)

Every. Single. Song is a masterpiece. Even SHE'S OUT OF MY LIFE... but I never listen to it. It's too dramatic! With Michael crying at the end... (Real tears, Quincy Jones said. over 8 takes and every time, Michael would break down at the end. Interesting... seeing as how he had yet to experience something similar at the time of the recording.)

AND THEN.

I decided to give INVINCIBLE a chance... you know, the one with YOU ROCK MY WORLD on it?

And I must say... BREAK OF DAWN and HEAVEN CAN WAIT are so.... pretty!

HEAVEN CAN WAIT especially, the lyrics are crazy:

Verse 2
Unthinkable
Me sitting up in the clouds and you are all alone
The time might come around when you'd be moving on
I'd turn it all around and try to get back down to my baby girl Can't stand
to see nobody kissing, touching her Couldn't take nobody loving you the way
we were What good would Heaven be If the angels come for me I'd tell them no
Chorus
Tell the angels no, I don't wanna leave my baby alone
I don't want nobody else to hold you
That's a chance I'll take
Baby I'll stay, Heaven can wait
No, if the angels took me from this earth
I would tell them bring me back to her
It's a chance I'll take, maybe I'll stay
Heaven can wait

*dreamy sigh*

This man... If only, if only...

=)

-franso

No comments:

Don't Disturb THIS Groove...

  • Sweet & Sour/Lemon in the Honey- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Pretty Brown Eyes- Amerie w/ Trey Songz
  • Sunshower- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Shades- Wale w/ Chrisette Michele
  • I Wanna Rock- Snoop Dogg