Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Penelope Cruz (Vicky Christina Barcelona)



3 things.

Vicky Christina Barcelona, Spain... and Penelope Cruz.

My friends and I were TOO hyped to see this movie! The preview showing all this passion and drama set in beautiful Spain had us ready to go.

I assumed it was gonna be like Closer and Matchpoint... but better.

We pretty much thought wrong.

I HATE WHEN MOVIES JUST END!!!!!!!

I LIKE MOVIES WITH A CLIMAX!

I LIKE MOVIES WITH A FUCKING ENDING!!!!!

VCB had minor crazy things going on all throughout... and then just ended.

Yes.

The screen went black and I stared at Michelle wondering why I even left my house that day.

Spain though.... I never had much interest in going to Spain. All I've heard about Spain is the way the natives look down on other Latinos who don't speak CASTILIAN SPANISH, correcting you whenever they feel it necessary. I wouldn't be able to vacation somewhere where they CLEARLY know what I'm saying... BUT FEEL THE NEED TO CORRECT MY PUERTO RICAN SPANISH. Oh no... But! The scenery, the feeling in this movie?! I think I might put up with it. What I'd give to buy a one way to Spain RIGHT NOW. Just be out and come back whenever I feel. Wear my hair wavy, stay barefoot, and just... paint? lol I don't know, something creative. Become a flamenco dancer, change my name to Pilar, and get lost in the crowd. I know. I got carried away... BUT ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE IN 08!!!!!

Aside from Spain becoming my next (fantasy) dream.... PENELOPE CRUZ STOLE THE SHOW.

Before this movie... I seriously didn't see what the big deal was. I didn't even find her so attractive. When she cut her hair I almost died because, to me, that's what made her sexy. I just thought her face was weird. I had never seen her in a movie and I thought the lady from SPANGLISH was what a pretty Penelope would look like. (I still stand by that.) VCB changed my mind though. She was funniest, most complicated, sexiest, beautiful disaster ever.

I mess with Penelope Cruz now. =)

-franso

No comments:

Don't Disturb THIS Groove...

  • Sweet & Sour/Lemon in the Honey- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Pretty Brown Eyes- Amerie w/ Trey Songz
  • Sunshower- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Shades- Wale w/ Chrisette Michele
  • I Wanna Rock- Snoop Dogg