Thursday, May 28, 2009

Art History



So! On a less bitchy note, I'm taking Art History this summer and even though I know it's gonna be a ridiculous amount of work, I'm super excited to know so much about art. I learned about technique and color in Painting and Drawing, but this is definitely going to be the icing on the cake, for sure.

Today was all about Egypt and I'm seriously in love. I've always thought the art was astonishing and the people sexy (front like you don't agree, with the golden skin and thick eyeliner) but learning about the history and the in depth analysis Prof was giving us, I'm so feeling it. We had Egypt week with the kids last summer, so I was even more attentive since I knew a little bit.

We've all seen & heard of her, but look at Nefertiti up above. I need to get like HER. (Halloween maybe?)



And the temple of Ramses II, maldita sea- how? HOW could the architecture of today seem so amazing when such monstrosities as this temple were created thousands of years ago? These ordinary people in the deadly heat creating these works of art that took God knows how long.

*dreamy sigh* It's going to be a crazy class!

And, because I'm still a kid.... I was dozing off in class thinking of my FAVORITE episode of Sesame Street as a kid, when Bert & Ernie went inside a pyramid. Maybe it wasn't my favorite, but it was just so amazing to me and definitely the one that always sticks out in my mind now.
WOULD YOU BELIEVE I FOUND IT ON YOUTUBE!?!?!?!
Dios mio, here:

The way the fucking statues looked like them and kept bothering Ernie, got me everytime.
So happy I found this.

=)

-franso

PS- hey hot stuff... let's go to Egypt.

2 comments:

BlindButGuided said...

it is so much work i dropped that class this year =[ but i dropped it more because the teacher had not the slightest idea of how to teach well maybe she did but she was a hot mess ...anyways im sure youll have better luck than me !

SUGAR said...

you believe i never watched a full episode of sesame street..ever.Mhm.

Don't Disturb THIS Groove...

  • Sweet & Sour/Lemon in the Honey- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Pretty Brown Eyes- Amerie w/ Trey Songz
  • Sunshower- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Shades- Wale w/ Chrisette Michele
  • I Wanna Rock- Snoop Dogg