Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Twenty-One

MAY 20TH, a little after 1 AM.

I feel like I made it.

I remember being a kid wondering what I would look like, how I would dress, what I would be doing, my personality at this age.. and here I am.

Twenty-One.

Well, I look the exact same way- except for my nose ring and glasses.
I dress a little funkier, am still a nerd and I can't help but think of that Floetry line:
" I love the girl I used to be, every step she took was reaching out to me."
So true, people change but I'm certainly a developed version of little Frances.
Sounds simple, maybe it is, but it's how I see myself.

It feels weird, is this part 2 of my life?

If my life were a chapter book, would today be a completely different section, with a new subtitle? The whole works?

I'm looking forward to what this age and year has to offer.

It's not just about being able to hit up every club and lounge out there.
Shit, I still can't believe they're all accessible now- and yes, I will use that toward my advantage...
But it's more than that! I'm 21! I survived 20...

And let's face it people- I'm on my way to 30. (A joke between Shai and I... but let's be serious here.)

21? Soon I'll be 25! 25? Soon I'll have kids. Kids? WHO'S THEIR FATHER?

...I got ahead of myself.

Twenty-One.

I made it ya'll.

Happy Birthday to me...

^ First picture at 21 years old- yeah I still look 12.

=)

-franso

1 comment:

SUGAR said...

love itttttt! and you !
..bout to be 30 in this bitch. wow, son..who works here?!!

have fun =]

Don't Disturb THIS Groove...

  • Sweet & Sour/Lemon in the Honey- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Pretty Brown Eyes- Amerie w/ Trey Songz
  • Sunshower- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Shades- Wale w/ Chrisette Michele
  • I Wanna Rock- Snoop Dogg