Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Mos Def- The Ecstatic


It has arrived...

& I must say it's so eclectic & random.
I love it.
He has this movie excerpt thing going on that I know will take me time to get used to & actually pay attention.
He's singing all over the place which we love & the flow is as sick as ever.

I was just telling homegirl B that it's going to be so fun this summer, deciphering the lyrics & knowing the album inside out.

So far, standout tracks include: Quiet Dog Bite Hard, Priority, Life in Marvelous Times, Auditorium (w/ SLICK RICK!!!!), History ( w/ Talib!), & way up on my list- Casa Bey.

But wait... why am I late on Mos' spanish flow? Why am I just recently finding out (from my cousin Johnny!) that dude's spanish flow is legit. Reminds me of Tego! Got a track on here called, "No Hay Nada Mas"... & maybe it's The Boogie Man Song of THIS album =)

The usual quirky "I don't really give a fuck if I sound random because I'm feeling myself so hard & I know this shit is hot" vibe carries throughout the album.

All I wanna do is understand, listen to, memorize, & enjoy this album.

Homework? Art History? YMCA? I have an album to love here, people.

This is all I'm about right now, & it feels good.

I'm not about to get into what Mos Def means to me lol

Check the album, period

=)

-franso

PS-
top priority
peace before anything
god before everything
love before anything
real before everything
home before anyplace
shoot before anything
style and state radiate
love power slay the hate

No comments:

Don't Disturb THIS Groove...

  • Sweet & Sour/Lemon in the Honey- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Pretty Brown Eyes- Amerie w/ Trey Songz
  • Sunshower- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Shades- Wale w/ Chrisette Michele
  • I Wanna Rock- Snoop Dogg