Monday, October 6, 2008

Quick Music Reviews

I'm late but...


Eric Benet's Love & Life
This is such a nice album.

Besides the "You're the Only One" being my favorite song on here, "Love Patience & Time" "The Hunger" "Don't Let Go" "Chocolate Legs" and "Weekend Girls" are the one's worth downloading, buying, whatever.

I can do without "Everlove" and "Iminluvwichoo" and the remainding 4 are just fine.

Kudos to Eric Benet for the perfect autumny (a new word, sure) R&B album.



Ne-Yo's Year of the Gentleman
Once again, Ne-Yo delivers with an album that yells "I GREW UP LISTENING TO MICHAEL JACKSON."

Guess he can't help it... and I also guess it's ok!

This his 3rd album and I still stand by my belief that his singles amp us up to the point where we're dying to hear the album... we get it.... a bit of disappointment. Agree?

"Nobody" is a fun song, "Fade into the Background" is another of his usual "woe is me" jumpoffs, "So You Can Cry" sounds like "Angel" from the last album...

Long story short, I LOVE "Back to What You Know". Get up on that if you haven't by now!

There's just something about Ne-Yo's voice that makes me want to slit my wrist... Something very sad about it. At all times, haha...

Robin Thicke critique in the near future.

=)

-franso

No comments:

Don't Disturb THIS Groove...

  • Sweet & Sour/Lemon in the Honey- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Pretty Brown Eyes- Amerie w/ Trey Songz
  • Sunshower- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Shades- Wale w/ Chrisette Michele
  • I Wanna Rock- Snoop Dogg