Sunday, October 26, 2008

Wild, Wild Hair

Can we focus on ME for a minute? Damn!

Lately... I've been feeling a lot like THIS:

Yes yes, that's me long ago.

I appreciate every compliment on my hair, I do.
I just need people to understand that this hair is pretty much no fun. There, I said it.

IT FEELS LIKE A LOSING GAME.

"Which products should I use? How often should I wash it? Maybe washing it everyday is the best way to avoid untangling for an hour. No wait, then that'll dry it out right? No gel, right? OK, so just hair food? But that feels like Vaseline! Fuck it, I'm just gonna get a fade."

Understand?

Then I have a friend going natural, talking about all these African products and I'm like !?!?!?!?

So she put me on pretty much, with a bunch of blogs to save my soul.

My FAVORITE right now though? www.coarsehair.blogspot.com
And then THAT website put me onto www.kinky-curly.com!

I wanna try 2 of their products, KNOT TODAY and CURLING PUDDING!!!!

So I'll let you all know how that goes when I actually cop those...

And I kinda wanna dye my hair this color:

I doubt I'll do it, all this hair a completely different color... but it's always fun to dream.

Lastly... I need you to look at some pictures from this children's book "Wild, Wild Hair" that I stumbled upon at work.
You can't tell me this book isn't about me.
Here's the cover:

REALLY?! I died when I saw this book!

These next two are me every morning:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My mom and I up until middle school (AND Mami got short hair, crazy!):
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And while I wish the book would've ended with a solution to this madness... This is cute enough:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Awww! Gotta love it.

=)

-franso

5 comments:

ms.rea said...

haha i mean i never saw you get out of bed in the am, but that pic in the bed looks like it could be you --i love it

Sara said...

omg. let me know about that KNOT TODAY...the curly pudding ive felt @ rickys...have to say not particularly impressed but dont let me deter you! lol. I cant wait to hear about knot today cause I'm copping early. I can't find ne good detangler.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute Franso...Before I read your comments on the pic, I actually thought this was your custom-made photo illustration book. It's so cute!

Anonymous said...

I. Can't. I mean. I. Physically. Can Not.

WOW. wow! It's fucking you! Animated.

-Shareen

Mighty Franso said...

love you guys.

Don't Disturb THIS Groove...

  • Sweet & Sour/Lemon in the Honey- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Pretty Brown Eyes- Amerie w/ Trey Songz
  • Sunshower- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Shades- Wale w/ Chrisette Michele
  • I Wanna Rock- Snoop Dogg