Friday, February 8, 2008

Greetings from MD/ Grammy Nods!

3:02AM... Hello Maryland!

Been here since 11:20-somethin! With my boo Shadae!

Feels just as weird as I thought it would-lol

But anyways, here are the Grammy nominees... and MY predictions!

Record of the Year:
Beyonce- Irreplaceable
Amy Winehouse- Rehab
Foo Fighters- The Pretender
Rihanna- Umbrella
Justin Timberlake- What Goes Around... Comes Around

I think... BEYONCE! that record took over the world. Rehab is my 2nd choice.

Song of the Year:
Before He Cheats (Carrie Underwood)
Hey There Delilah (Plain White Ts)
Like A Star (Corinne Bailey Rae)
Rehab (Amy Winehouse)
Umbrella (Rihanna)

[*First off, I was mad lost trying to understand the difference between Song of the Year and Record of the Year. Record of the Year is for the artist, the producer(s), recording engineer(s) and/or mixer(s), if other than the artist. Song of the Year is for the songwriter.]

I think... I'm undecisive on this one. Shadae thinks it's gonna be Umbrella! ugh!

Best New Artist:
Feist
Ledisi
Paramore
Taylor Swift
Amy Winehouse

I think... that if Amy doesn't win... the entire Grammy's situation is BS!!!!

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance:
Christina Aguilera- Candyman
Feist- 1234
Fergie- Big Girls Don't Cry
Nelly Furtado- Say It Right
Amy Winehouse- Rehab

I think...Christina Aguilera should win. Vocals? Are you serious? lol Nelly Furtado? Clearly they ran out of people. Watch Amy Winehouse win though...

Best Male Pop Vocal Performance:
Michael Buble- Everything
John Mayer- Belief
Paul McCartney- Dance Tonight
Seal- Amazing
Justin Timberlake- What Goes Around... Comes Around.

I think... I have no comment on this one because I only know one of these songs, the Justin one,lol.

Best Pop Vocal Album:
Bon Jovi- Lost Highway
Feist- The Reminder
Paul McCartney- Almost Full Memory
Maroon 5- It Won't Be Soon Before Long
Amy Winehouse- Back to Black

I think... Amy needs to steal the freakin' show! (Besides, the Maroon 5 album wasn't as good as the first, no sir ree.)

Best Female R&B Vocal Performance:
Jill Scott- Hate On Me
Fantasia- When I See You
Chrisette Michele- If I Had My Way
Mary J. Blige- Just Fine
Alicia Keys- No One

I think... Alicia Keys got that in the bag, the world went WILD! lol that was a hit, she deserve it!

Best Male R&B Vocal Performance:
Raheem DeVaughn- Woman
Musiq- B.U.D.D.Y
Tank- Please Don't Go
Ne-Yo- Because of You
Prince- Future Baby Mama

I Think... Prince will probably get it because he's Prince... BUT NE-YO DESERVES IT!!!!

Ok, there are like a GAZILLION categories and I'm tired!

Those are my predictions so far!

Can't wait to watch emmmm

-franso

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

time for an update, homie...

Don't Disturb THIS Groove...

  • Sweet & Sour/Lemon in the Honey- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Pretty Brown Eyes- Amerie w/ Trey Songz
  • Sunshower- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Shades- Wale w/ Chrisette Michele
  • I Wanna Rock- Snoop Dogg