Monday, January 26, 2009

FINALLY: Mos Def Recap

January 9th, 2009
Highline Ballroom
Doors Opened- 7:30
Show Scheduled to Start- 9
Show Actual Starting Time- 11

INSANITY!

As much as I enjoyed myself that night, I still can't believe that he made us wait 2 hours. 2 entire hours, standing/sitting on the ground, waiting for this man, wondering what the issue was! A part of me wants to believe that something happened because I never thought he'd do that... but we'll never know! No apology either! Just one of those "Thank you for your time, you could've been anywhere in the world tonight" type of things... ugh!

ANYWAYS!

He came out all jolly, with his beautiful smile and had a great time. When Mos has a good time, his audience can't help but to have a great time. He was also playing Warriors on the screen behind him, which I found pretty cool. (Not the first time he does something like that.) I'm guilty of paying more attention to the movie than anyone else because, well, I'd already seen Mos twice before and I was very mad at him for making me wait!

He performed a lot of new songs which were HOT, of course, and old ones... Including, Sex, Love, & Money, Ms. Fat Booty, Definition, UNDENIABLE, UMI SAYS... And my favorite of the night? (As usual) U R THE ONE.

And oh my goodness, what a surprise when he did LOVE. COMPLETELY caught me off guard.

As much as I enjoyed myself...We waited 2 hours for an hour and a half set. I'm not gonna get over it! Lol

Here are the pics, homies:






And of course...


*sigh* I enjoyed myself but I won't be seeing Mos for a while- I like to miss people I love.

=)

-franso

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

diablo chi chi y ese pelo??

Don't Disturb THIS Groove...

  • Sweet & Sour/Lemon in the Honey- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Pretty Brown Eyes- Amerie w/ Trey Songz
  • Sunshower- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Shades- Wale w/ Chrisette Michele
  • I Wanna Rock- Snoop Dogg