Friday, January 30, 2009

Train Wreck

Anyone know what it means to dream of train tracks? Or a train wreck?

Last week I dreamt I was driving across train tracks, trying to figure out when my cousins and I should go. A train came and we had to wait, but it was very stressful.

A few seconds ago, I dreamt I got on the bus to meet up with friends (Shai and Alvarez to be exact!) and the conductor told us to get off and if there was no action on platform 6, that he'd take us to platform 7. I stayed on, the weather was horrible by the way, and as we were getting to track 7, my next train was behind us going ridiculously fast- well, the train itself said 74 MPH on the front. He kept honking and honking and our train was going 75 MPH, trying to get away. Our train jumped, landed on the platform, got hit by the other one, kept flipping over, burst to flames and landed on the ground. The whole time, I could hear myself praying- at point point it was movie-like in that I couldn't hear anything, just me begging God to save my life because I was too young. As the train blew up and landed on the ground, I was watching it from above- the way you normally see dreams, and then it was a movie because I remember feeling bad for "the girl and her mom waiting for her back home," all stressed out wondering how I would feel if it was me.

Crazy, no?

www.dreammmoods.com said:
To see or dream that you are in a train wreck, suggests chaos. The path to goals are not going according to the way you planned it out. Or you may be lacking self-confidence and having doubt in your ability to reach your goals.

www.experiencefestival.com said:
This dream symbol can be very complicated and its meaning is specific to the dreamer (as all dream symbols are). If you normally take the train to work and it is a part of your daily experience, closer attention should be paid to the other details of the dream. Going on a train ride may be symbolic of your life's journey. If you are the engineer, you may be reassuring yourself in the dream state that you are in control of a specific situation or life in general. The train could also be symbolic of your need to move on and to do things in an orderly and sequential manner. Freud said that the train is usually a phallic symbol and that a train going through a tunnel represents intercourse. Freud also said that there are other possibilities to this symbol. For example if you missed the train in your dream, you may be fearful of missing important opportunities. Jung thought that the train ride represented the way a person moves and behaves just like everyone else and that you the dreamer may be striving for wholeness.

Anyone else know anything? Random, I know.

The craziest part is that I didn't wake up scared, it wasn't a nightmare.

Hm, ok! About to be late to work!

Gotta get on the right... track and shit.

=)

-franso

No comments:

Don't Disturb THIS Groove...

  • Sweet & Sour/Lemon in the Honey- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Pretty Brown Eyes- Amerie w/ Trey Songz
  • Sunshower- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Shades- Wale w/ Chrisette Michele
  • I Wanna Rock- Snoop Dogg