Monday, January 26, 2009

WEST SIDE STORY



I was recently told something AMAZING.

I heard about it last year, and I didn't believe it so much... BUT IT'S TRUE.

WEST SIDE STORY IS COMING TO BROADWAY!

NEXT MONTH!

THE 23RD TO BE EXACT!

Basically, this is my favorite movie. (It used to be Grease back back back in the day... but then THIS came along and my little life was changed forever...)

I'm super excited about this whole situation and what makes me the happiest is that Anita, Bernardo, and Maria will be played by Latinos! So, whoop whoop to THAT. (I'm not sure about other renditions of it, but we all know Natalie Wood played Maria in the movie. Loved her, but wouldn't it have been less of a hassle to hire a Latina that could sing as opposed to a white woman who had to learn the accent AND someone to sing for her?)

Somebody out there has to be as gassed as me... Either way, check out the official Broadway website.


"Puerto Rico, my heart's devotion... LET IT SINK BACK IN THE OCEAN!"

=)

-franso

PS- yeah, I downloaded the West Side Story background- AND?!

No comments:

Don't Disturb THIS Groove...

  • Sweet & Sour/Lemon in the Honey- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Pretty Brown Eyes- Amerie w/ Trey Songz
  • Sunshower- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Shades- Wale w/ Chrisette Michele
  • I Wanna Rock- Snoop Dogg