Monday, January 26, 2009

WHERE IN THE WORLD?

So... where the hell have I been?

Christmas, New Years, and 3 Kings Day came and went without some posts from me.

Movies, albums, books have come out and I've been... where?

Well, truthfully.. nothing has really inspired me.

Sure I've been working and just recently returned to school... but THE INSPIRATION IS LACKING!!!!

The last thing to genuinely inspire me was Q-Tip's Renaissance album... I have yet to get over that.

(Have you seen the manwomanboogie video? It's cute, and dammit Q is looking healthy...!)

Let's discuss how I'm not over this song, album, message, vision... Have you listened to the lyrics? My friend Briana and I can sit for hours and overanalyze... Shoutouts to HER.

Hm, what else is going on with me? Oh, knitting. Yeah, I've fully embraced my "CHIC GRANDMA" image, completing a cranberry scarf and currently working on a light green hat. Oh yes, I'm the grandmother at the bus stop knitting... Except I have the big red headphones on bumpin' to some vintage Biggie...

WHICH BRINGS ME TO!!! (Nice segway, no?)



Who's seen it? Who's waiting for the crowds to die down to catch it? Who don't give a damn? (Go home.)

Well, a part of me feels like a review is irrelevant... but it's still a big deal to me!
Where do I begin!? I enjoyed it... but unlike many other people, I didn't feel like blasting Biggie after. I wasn't overly proud of hip hop... I WAS SO SAD!!!!! I felt like the entire movie was sad... even when he was succeeding. If it wasn't one thing, it was the other. First his father never came back, then he started selling, then he wen to jail, then he started to do good with diddy... but he was neglecting his daughter, then his mother got cancer, then the way he treated fait and kim, then pac, then his accident... THEN HE DIED!!!!!!!! And that's not to mention how overwhelming the fame was for him =/

Homeboy who played Biggie though? What a perfect casting =) I really liked him.
And the girl who played Faith? She was probabl my favorite...

All this drama with Naturi playing Lil Kim? Um... seemed about accurate to me! Oh, and let's not even get into Lil Kim wanting CHRISTINA MILIAN to play her. Sweetie, you were dark-skinned back then... so that wouldn't have worked. *Annoyed sigh*

Anthony Mackie as Pac... One of my main concerns. Listen, I LOVE that actor and I was excited to see him as Pac (who I also love to death).. But it didn't click for me- Well, the only time it did was when he FIRST showed up to see Biggie perform. When he had on the orange silk shirt at the club? Not so much. I just felt like it was Anthony Mackie imitating Tupac, not Tupac.

Angela Basset, stunning of course. Yeah the accent was flaky, but dammit I love her!

Wait... DEREK LUKE AS DIDDY?!!?! First I thought it wasn't a good idea. I kept laughing at Derek Luke dancing around and saying all those ridiculous one liners to boost his and Biggie's esteem... but then I realized the real Diddy makes me do the SAME EXACT THING. What a joke lol

All and all, great movie. Cried at the end, of course. Voletta Wallace's poetry gets me. every. single. time.

Check it out if you haven' already...



Recap of Mos Def at Highline as soon as my friend stops being stingy with the damn pictures.

To my 3 fans... I'M BACK!

=)

-franso

No comments:

Don't Disturb THIS Groove...

  • Sweet & Sour/Lemon in the Honey- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Pretty Brown Eyes- Amerie w/ Trey Songz
  • Sunshower- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
  • Shades- Wale w/ Chrisette Michele
  • I Wanna Rock- Snoop Dogg